Our Weekend

Monday, September 25, 2017

It was the first full weekend of fall and I don't know about where you are, but here in Kentucky, it was pushing 90 all weekend! We had a busy but fun weekend running around town. Friday, I had a closing to work, so I actually got dressed and put on make-up for a change ha. Caroline and I unintentionally coordinated in our palm print outfits so naturally, I had to get a picture. 


I shared this blouse last week in my early fall outfit post and here's another styling option. These fun printed pants came from Copper Penny in Charleston a few years ago. 

If you've read here very long, you may remember me sharing back in early summer about a stray cat that we started feeding having kittens under our porch. Well, one day when we went to check on them, they'd disappeared, so I assumed they'd gone off into the woods across the street from our house never to be seen again. Well, a couple of weeks ago, we saw them playing over in the woods and they've started coming to visit us since then. Caroline is just in hog heaven playing with them. They are the sweetest little things. I'm not sure if we'll take them when we move or not. I almost hate to take one and not all of them, but we can't catch the mama cat even though she'll come to eat on our back deck. I'd feel so guilty taking all her babies away and leaving her behind.  

Saturday afternoon, we took a break from football watching (GO DAWGS!!! That flea flicker on the opening posession gave me LIFE!) and we headed downtown to our annual Pig Out BBQ festival. It was hotter than a two dollar pistol, so we didn't last long, but we did snag some good food before we headed back home to watch some other great SEC teams play. KEntucky dropped the ball again this year against Florida.

Sunday, Caroline and I headed out on the boat with my sister and her husband for the afternoon. My sister's kids didn't end up going out for various reasons, but Caroline loves being out on the water so much that she still wanted to go. She got to fish, control the remote for the music and eat all the snacks, so it worked out ok for her haha. 

All that fun and sun wore her slap out because she conked out on the ride back up the river and slept for about 45 minutes. I can't tell you the last time she napped, but the boat would always put my sister's kids out like a light when they were little, too. 

We are in the midst of living in a disorganized mess for the next couple of weeks at least as we are packing up our Maysville house and moving most of our furniture to the new house across the state this weekend. I can't stand mess and disorganization so it's driving me bananas, especially considering I don't even want to be moving there in the first place, but I keep telling myself it's temporary and it's only a few hours to home. I'll still be working in Maysville in real estate and driving back and forth for a few days each week. Caroline won't start school until next year, so I still have the freedom to be able to do it. 

So that was our weekend. Next weekend will be spent primarily moving and most of this week will be spend cleaning, donating, throwing things out and packing. Big fun, huh?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!